Justin Drew Bieber, known in the music world as Justin Bieber, is a Canadian singer and songwriter, recognized for being one of the most famous singers in the world. He was born on March 1, 1994 in London, Ontario, Canada and is the son of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Pattie Mallette.
Justin Bieber Biography
As a child he showed an interest in hockey, football and chess , but always kept his interest in music to himself. As he grew older, he taught himself to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet. At the age of 12, he entered a singing competition in Stratford, where he won second place performing the song “So Sick” by R&B singer Ne-Yo.
At the end of 2008, Justin Bieber ‘s mother uploaded some videos in which she appeared performing songs by Usher, Chris Brown, Stevie Wonder , Justin Timberlake and Ne-Yo. Mr. Scooter Braun, a music industry executive, discovered Justin Bieber when he accidentally saw him in some videos on YouTube, admiring all his talent; In addition, some time later she became his manager. Braun reunited Justin with Usher in Atlanta, where he signed a music deal with the Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG) record label, and a recording deal with Island Records offered by LA Reid.
He released his first single titled “One Time” on July 9, 2009, which was featured on the radio when he was recording his debut album. The song reached the twelfth position on the Canadian Hot 100 chart in its first week of release and subsequently reached the seventeenth position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song was very successful in international markets.
Justin Bieber Career
In the month of November 2009, Justin Bieber released his first album entitled “My World”, which received positive reviews and was certified platinum by the RIAA. The singer became the first artist to have seven singles from a debut album on the Billboard Hot 100, concluding that this album definitely propelled him to stardom.
At Christmas of the same year, he sang for President Barack Obama and his family at the White House and at the end of the year he was invited to an episode of the American television series True Jackson, VP.
In January 2010, Justin Bieber performed at the Grammy Awards. On March 23 of that same year, he released his second album entitled “My World 2.0”, which reached number one on Billboard in its first week, something that had never been achieved in a singer of his age, since the times by StevieWonder . In addition, on that album he stood out for the international success “Baby”. In June 2010 he started his first tour called “My World Tour”.
Justin Bieber managed to win the Artist of the Year Award at the American Music Awards in 2010 and was nominated at the 53rd Grammy Awards in the categories of New Artist and Best Pop Album. On April 10 of that same year, he participated as a guest artist in the Saturday Night Live show.
On July 4, on the occasion of the United States Independence Day celebration, he gave a concert at the Macy’s department store fireworks show in New York, where he performed “Baby” and “Somebody to Sees it”. The second single from his album My World 2.0, entitled “Somebody to Love”, was released in April along with a remix of the same song, in collaboration with Usher. This single reached the tenth position on the Canadian music charts,
On September 12, 2010, he received the MTV Award for Best New Artist for his single Baby. The following month she announced that she would be releasing an acoustic album called “My Worlds Acoustic”, eventually releasing it on Black Friday in the United States. The album featured acoustic versions of songs from her previous albums and a new song titled “Pray.”
For the month of November 2011, Justin Bieber released his second studio album entitled “Under The Mistletoe”, being number one on the US Billboard 200 hit list. That same year he was listed by Forbes magazine as the third most influential celebrity of the world.
At the end of 2011, he started recording his third studio album called “Believe”. On May 29 of the same year, the second promotional single called “Die in Your Arms” came out and was placed on the list of several countries, in the first hundred hit songs.On June 19, 2012, the commercial launch of “Believe” was held in the United States, but in the United Kingdom and Canada it was days before. On May 11 of that same year, in celebration of her mother’s day in North America, she published the song “Turn to You” through iTunes, dedicated to her mother; In addition, she sought to collect funds for single mothers.
On March 7, 2013, Justin Bieber had some health problems when he fainted behind the scenes at the O2 Arena in London, throughout his performance he complained of respiratory problems and was taken to a hospital. In October of that same year, he announced that he would release a new song every Monday for ten weeks.
On January 23, 2014, Justin Bieber was captured in the city of Miami, along with singer Khalil, on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest without violence. Police said he confessed to consuming alcohol, smoking marijuana and prescription drugs. He was released on bail. On July 9 of that year, he was charged with vandalism in California, after throwing eggs at his neighbor’s house.
By August 28, 2015, Justin Bieber released the single titled “What Do You Mean?”, which reached the number 1 position in more than 20 countries. On October 23 of that year, he released the album’s second single titled “Sorry” as an instant download, with pre-order of the album on iTunes.
The song debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. On November 13, he released his album “Purpose” and it debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, becoming his sixth album to debut atop the chart. It was the fourth best-selling album of that year.
On July 22, 2016, Justin Bieber released a new single with Major Lazer and titled “Cold Water”. It debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and became the third number two debut on the chart.
Justin Bieber repeated the formula of his song “Sorry” and on August 17, 2017 he released his new song called “Friends” online.
Justin Bieber Albums
- 2010: My World 2.0.
- 2011: Under the Mistletoe.
- 2012: Believe.
- 2015: Purpose.
Justin Bieber Filmography
- 2000: CSI: Las Vegas
- 2009: True Jackson VP.
- 2010: Silent Library.
- 2010: School Girls.
- 2010: CSI: Scene investigation.
- 2011: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. – Musical, Documentary.EU.
- 2011: Justin Bieber: Rise to fame. – Documentary film. United Kingdom.
- 2011: Almost Famous IV. – Documentary film. United Kingdom.
- 2012: The X FactorUSA.
- 2012: Justin Bieber: All around the World. -Documentary, musical.
- 2013: The Simpsons.
- 2013: Believe. – Documentary film.
- 2015: Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber. – Comedy documentary.
- 2016: Zoolander 2 – Comedy.
- 2017: Target: Hasselhoff. – Thriller.
- 2017: Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life. – Documentary film.
Justin Bieber Awards
- MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Male Artist: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- MTV Video Music Awards for Best New Artist 2010.
- BET New Artist Award 2010.
- American Music Award for Artist of the Year: 2010 and 2012.
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Rock/Pop Artist: 2010, 2012 and 2016.
- American Music Award for Favorite Rock/Pop Album, for My World 2.0: 2010.
- MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Pop Artist 2011.
- MTV Video Music Awards Japan Award for Best New Video, for “Baby”: 2011.
- MTV Video Music Awards for Best Male Video 2011.
- CMT Music Awards Award for Collaborative Video of the Year, for That Should Be Me (with Rascal Flatts): 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Audience Favorite 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Streaming Artist 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Pop Album, for My World 2.0: 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Top Social Artist: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- American Music Award for Favorite Rock/Pop Album, for Believe 2.0: 2012.
- Billboard Music Award for Male Artist 2013.
- Philippine Walk of Fame 2014.
- ASCAP Award for Most Performed Song, for Beauty And A Beat: 2014.
- MTV Video Music Awards for Best Visual Effects 2015.
- American Music Award for Collaboration of the Year: 2015.
- People’s Choice Awards for Best Song, for “What do you mean”: 2015.
- Latin American Music Award for Favorite Artist – Crossover 2016.
- Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording 2016.
- Brit Award for International Male Artist 2016.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Male Artist 2016.
- Billboard Music Award for Top Social Media Artist 2016.
- American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Song, for Love Yourself: 2016.
- American Music Award for Favorite Rock/Pop Album, for Purpose 2016.
- Danish Music Award to Årets Internationale Hit 2016.
- MTV Europe Music Awards for Song of the Year, for Sorry: 2016.
- Much Music Video Awards for Favorite Artist or Group: 2016.
- ASCAP Award for Most Performed Song, for Cold Water and Sorry: 2017.
- ASCAP Award for Song of the Year, for Love yourself: 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for Male Artist of the Year 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for Dance Song of the Year, for Let Me Love You and Cold Water: 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for Male Artist of the Year 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for best fans 2017.
- Billboard Latin Music Award for Artist of the Year, Crossover: 2017.
Justin Bieber has received two Brit Awards, a Bambi Award, and his fan-voted awards including 12 American Music Awards, 20 Teen Choice Awards, and 21 MTV Europe Music Awards. Additionally, he has won a Grammy Award and has 14 Guinness World Records.
Justin Bieber Net Worth
As of 2021, Justin Bieber’s net worth is estimated at $285 million.
Bieber was discovered by his now-manager Scooter Braun and Usher after posting YouTube covers that were wildly popular with internet teens, launching a generation of Beliebers.
His first tour, My World, which ran from 2010 to 2011; it grossed $53.3 million. Since Bieber has significant finances, he won’t always be caught flying commercial flights.
Whether you went to the movies to see Bieber grace the big screen in both 2011 and 2013 or chose to miss out on the teen takeover, each project netted the artist a fair amount.
According to WWD, his 2016 endorsement deal with Calvin Klein gave the brand a boost in sales and social media following numbers. But before that, Bieber was also winning big endorsement deals.
He doesn’t seem to have a private plane, but he is often seen leaving town on a chartered trip that can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $9,000 per flight hour. Bieber likes luxury vehicles. TMZ has spotted him driving a white Mercedes G-Class around the Los Angeles area.
In October 2017, TMZ revealed that Bieber signed a $55,000-a-month lease on a mansion in Beverly Hills, California.
His rented bachelor pad spans more than 8,600 square feet and includes six bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths, a movie theater, gym, home office, pool and spa, and fire pit that costs $55,000 a year month.
Justin Bieber Personal Life
Justin Bieber had a romantic relationship with Selena Gomez for six years. They both started when they were teenagers, he was sixteen and she was eighteen; the union was very unstable and eventually ended.In 2018 Justin Bieber announced his courtship with Hailey Baldwin, whom he married at the end of that same year. The couple held a second wedding ceremony in South Carolina, United States, on September 30, 2019.